For your convenience we can now direct-bill through the following insurance companies:
Blue Cross, Chamber of Commerce, Cowan Insurance, Desjardins, Great West Life, Greenshield/SSQ, Johnson Insurance, MDM, Maximum Benefit, Manulife, Sunlife, The Co-operators, Equitable Life, and NexgenRx.
Please enquire for more details as coverage is specific to each individual patient.
Residents of Ontario with valid OHIP cards may be covered for their eye care services. OHIP’s current coverage is as follows:
- Children 19 years of age and under are covered for one full eye exam every 12 months.
- Seniors 65 of age and over are covered for one full eye exam every 12 months.
- Adults 20 to 64 years of age are no longer (as of 2004) covered for full eye exams. However, certain medical conditions do qualify for coverage. Examples include diabetes, glaucoma, visually significant cataracts, and other conditions that could be determined during your exam.
- ODSP (Ontario Disability Support Program) offers coverage for one full exam every 24 months. They do not cover any follow-up appointments during the 24 month period.
- OW (Ontario Works) offers coverage for one full exam every 24 months. They do not cover any follow-up appointments during the 24 month period.
To determine if you are eligible for coverage please contact us.
For further information on coverage please visit Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care — OHIP coverage for eye care services.